Don’t Forget to Winterize Your Home
The National Association of Realtors consumer portal, HouseLogic, reminds us of: "5 Crucial Cold Weather Tasks for Preparing Your House for Winter."
- Insulate Your Windows — Winter drafts can drive up your energy bill — and detract from the cozy vibe you want inside your home when it’s cold outside — if your windows have any air leaks.
- Trim Tree Branches — The last thing you need is a winter storm loosing the wrath of that mighty tree whose branches are angling over your roof.
- Inspect Your Fireplace — A visual inspection, both inside and outside your home, can ensure that your wood-burning fireplace is in good shape (read: safe) for the burning season.
- Check the Roof — You certainly don’t want to find out you have a leaky roof after the first snow hits. A roof inspection can help you spot any potential issues.
- Clear Out Gutters and Downspouts — Clogged rain gutters or downspouts can damage your home’s foundation or cause ice dams, which can lead to expensive repairs.
Considering selling your Bucks County home?
Before you list your home for sale, call the John McClintock Team at 267‑759‑9518 for no obligation recommendations on pricing and an overview of our comprehensive marketing package that includes, home staging, brokers' open house, virtual tour, video tour and social media sharing.
Copyright © 2019, John McClintock
Information is deemed reliable though not guaranteed.
Listing Office: Keller Williams Real Estate - Newtown Market Center
† Each Keller Williams office is independently owned and operated.
Newtown (Bucks County) PA 18940
Broker: 215-860-4200 x518